Tuesday, August 14, 2012

LAUGH RIOT! UNDERGROUND CHUCKLE BONANZA FLERPY DERP sigh...

     Actually, fuck that sigh. Tonight was fucking fun. I'll be honest, it seemed bleak at the beginning.
     Kevin Ricotta hosted. Kevin is hilarious and one of my favorite local comics. As a host... I don't know, its weird. You could tell he was out of his element, but he stuck it out like a champ. I fucking haaaate hosting, so major props.
     The first comic, whom I've never heard of or seen perform to my knowledge (which means absolutely nothing to you, nor should it) was... Well, he was on stage tonight. That's about what I took away from it. There were a few others that went up I felt were hit or miss.
     I think the real stand out comedians, in my opinion were Dario Josef, Dewey Love and Nate Clark. I'm not just saying this because they're some of the few comics in the Rochester scene I look forward to seeing at these things. They were funny tonight and deserve the praise.
     Dario did a dirtier set than he's been known to do lately. Which, hey, if you can be cleanish and still be funny, more power to you, I guess.  Motherfucker works. But when I originally met ol' v-necks, he had some twisted material. I'm glad he went up went he did, because I had to go on right after him and I feel like he really brought the crowd back into it.
    Dewey gets better everytime I see her. I usually look at female comedians like this "Oh great, a female comic." Then I look for something to cut my wrists with. But Dewey is finally hitting her stride and writing some good material. 
     Nate fucking Clark stole the show. Thank god he went last. When I met Nate, he was the most hot and cold comic ever. He would either kill it, or get raped by silence or indifference. Lately he's been crushing it.
     I feel like my set went well tonight. (Yes, talking about myself is douchey. But its my fucking blog. If you don't like it, I hope you're eaten by AIDS monkeys!) I did some older jokes that I refined a bit, as well as a few new ones. I'm most happy with my new dragon joke. All in all, I'm happy with how it went. I think every intentional punchline got a response I can be happy with, especially in front of a small crowd. I think I probably did about 3.5.... maybe 4 minutes. Short but solid is what I'm going with. l'll have a video of my set from  tonight very soon.
     In total, there were 11-ish comics. I wrote about 5. If you want a better assessment of the evening as a whole, read onegirlsgiggle.blogspot.com

Fuck, I'm tired. Time for bed.

Vid'ya

1 comment:

  1. Finally someone notices I'm a shitty host!

    ReplyDelete